Wednesday 16 July 2014

Sefton Park 5 Mile

Sadly tonight's race was my second DNF.  It's annoying, but I only have myself to blame as, unlike, the first time I did not finish, circumstances were completely within my control.  I did learn a valuable lesson about listening to my body though, my legs have been screaming at me for days.  During Saturday's parkrun I had to stop at a mile because of crazy cramps in my legs, the next day ran We Love Manchester 10k with cramps the entire way, one day of rest and then ran the Arley Mile club race, more cramps.  Not surprising then that as soon started trying to run the 5 miler tonight the cramps came back.  I tried to run though it but had to pull out around half way.  My legs are still in agony after three races in four days so rather than having another ice bath (I've had three in one weekend) and delaying the inevitable I think I should actually stop running for a few days (The husband has booked us into a cabin in Wales with a hot tub for a long weekend so should make not running a little easier).

It's a shame I didn't finish the race though.  It was very well organised by Mossley Hill Athletics Club in memory of Tony Barnes.  The route does two and a bit laps of Sefton Park so it's all on paths and is pretty much flat.  There's a curry afterwards (Good by all accounts, i skipped it), a medal (Am gutted i didn't get it, was a nice one) and a goody bag with an oat chocholate bar and an energy drink.  There was also free photography (Which you don't get often these days), first aid and people doing massages.  I will be re-trying it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment