Monday 23 February 2015

Tour Training Update

I've been increasing my mileage and trying to do around 50 miles in a week every couple of weeks.  Hopefully this should get me ready for the Tour of Merseyside (Which in turn should help me complete Dopey).  I've ran 50 miles a week twice now and both weeks have ended with a race.  It's hard to get the idea out of your head that every race must be a pb and I struggled with disappointment a little bit at Mad Dog 10k, being surrounded by a mass of people who had just achieved their best time.   You have to spend the whole race telling yourself that you have to run again tomorrow and the next and the next and it certainly changes your mindset during the race.  Whilst I got a pb at Rhyl 10 yesterday and it was hard work, there's a part that you need to keep back for the next run and I'm think that's how you need to race when you have 6 races in 7 days.  When you look at it like that then it makes it easier to understand why the race times are not getting faster during training.

I think avoiding my pb races this year will make it easier.  I got my half pb at Liverpool Rock and Roll so I volunteered to be the 3 hour pacer this year so that I have no choice but to take it slow (Hopefully they won't run out of free beer :) ).

Miles will go down a bit for the next week, to around 35/40 with two back to back races at Port Sunlight and then the week after it's back to 50 again.  Need to start getting the long runs in because only six more weekends until Brighton argh!


This week's mileage

No comments:

Post a Comment